Thursday, September 20, 2018

Book event: fair and write

As we've seen, a book signing is often simultaneous with a book launch but of course authors can be at other literary and cultural events to sign various printed versions of things they've written.

When was the first book fair? What was the line-up at the first writer's festival? Who was on that first book panel?

Where is the largest writer's conference?

Who has signed the most books?

Although I write a lot of lyrics and verse, I have only ever shared a mock book launch with Mike Wilk(inson). When I say "mock", we came up with this absurd plot that spun from our pulp fiction title 'Long Dork Larry Strikes a Blow'. I believe there was even intent to carry on with this nonsense; with several other puns for our protagonist to endure.
Being the early eighties the production was old school with us photocopying and stapling the 'book'. I don't know if I still have a copy myself and Wilk has long fled under the anonymity of his name.

All this is recounted in my post of 17th May 2012. I've encountered the cyber footprint of Christine Kershaw, Phil Spillman and his little brother Brendan, still no Wilk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home