Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Litter erie

When we looked at magazines and journals in April 2015 we started off telling you about the German literary and philosophy magazine that made its first appearance in 1663. Despite this, and my own interest and involvement in things literary, we quickly moved on to talk about other glossies.

The truth is I've never subscribed to a literary magazine and this is what my business advisor a year later and the editor he sent me to both recommended. If you want to get published in the literary mags, taking out a subscription is a good start.

One of the birthday presents I asked for this year was thus one of the Aus standards and, since that gift of a year's sub to Outland*, copies of Meanjin and Southerly have also appeared for me to glance through.
I'm still trying to digest the poetry I have read and, as predicted, it's not to my taste really and speaks more to those obstacles I'm up against. That said, it helps to know the scene.
*this should read Overland

Australian literary magazines


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home