Friday, February 01, 2008

LJ hooker

Yes I've started a LiveJournal presence. It does seem kind of cool. Some differences and some similarities to MySpace. With the opportunity to interact with likeminded people, it's not as quiet as Ye Olde Blogger, which is really the boothill of the online community when it comes to interaction.

But, for all that, I'm going to keep Touched By The Son running. I'm - don't know if proud is the word - of the fact that I keep my blog updated where most folk let theirs run down. I figured out how to maintain a difference: my LJ will be for commenting on my writing "career" only. That way I can keep this spot for all my wildly contentious, not to say libellous, commentary and plow on with my song lyrics at MySpace, and my comics blog at Tripod. Whew. And other people have problems keeping one blog going.

Of course, it does come with the turf. I scoff at people who call themselves writers and then never write anything. Getting published is another matter. Judging by some of the crap that makes it onto the shelves it must be who you know or what bullshit theory you can affix to what you produce, rather than the quality of the work or the talent and creativity that go into it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home