Monday, September 19, 2005

Mums the word

Yesterday I got phone calls from both mothers! I'm not estranged or anything but, still, that was unusual as we often go months without writing or phoning.

In other news of not raining but pouring, Angie and I are in touch. She's "the one" and yet I can't tell Kat just yet. I don't know whether the same rules apply with online liaisons since, after all, the intimacy is mediated by a screen and that nebulous zone called cyberspace. I am sure there is a higher message being conveyed through recent events but I'm struggling to understand the ramifications. I am rolling with the flow more than ever but there's still a part of me that would like to know exactly what's going on.

And I realise in writing all this that I'm being candid and writing as I would in my diary (almost!) rather than attempting to put an entertaining or universal spin on things.

II

Speaking of which... it's good to see more female world leaders. Germany may have a female head of state and New Zealand may lose theirs. Ah these knife-edge elections! I admire Helen Clark from this distance and wonder how long before we also have a woman as head of one of our major political parties federally. IMO we should have already gone down that path with the Labor Party. We have had four female Labor premiers so perhaps it is just a matter of time.

1 Comments:

At 12:06 am , Blogger Sherry Pasquarello said...

interesting grant, you are a brave one. smiling, sherry

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home