Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Holidaze

The first day of my holidays, if you don't count the weekend, and I've taken books and CDs out of the library and will be getting a week's supply of DVDs out as well. Not a rock-climbing expedition on the itinerary. We got some good solid rain for a couple of days so that was good. I mind less being stuck indoors than sitting there guiltily at my keyboard while ol' Sol shines so bright.

I have a block of Cheese to compose - yes, I'm giving in to the dark side and writing complete toss for a friend to put tunes to and flog off to the highest bidder. I love writing so you can imagine how I've taken to this task; my idea of bliss.

Three weeks stretches before me and, man, does that feel good.

4 Comments:

At 7:52 am , Blogger Sherry Pasquarello said...

can you come close to the absolute cheddary cheesiness of "yummy yummy yummy i've got love in my tummy", by the 1910 fruit gum co, (i think)???

oh, i'd love it!!!!

 
At 4:06 am , Blogger Sherry Pasquarello said...

hey, i see you posted your picture, very nice,yep, a keeper!
enjoy your holiday.maybe you will have an adventure that will lead to one of your poems. hope so.

 
At 1:21 am , Blogger Berko Wills said...

I haven't heard back from my songwriting partner as to whether I've been cheesy enough, or too much.

The photo is old but I ended up using it because the image size allowance wouldn't accept the more current colour one. But it has got me looking timelessly poetic, which'll serve better than the truth (!)

Thanks for your comments, Sherry.

 
At 1:34 am , Blogger Berko Wills said...

It's funny, 'yummy yummy yummy...' got a mention just the other day. It would be the one to beat wouldn't it.

My musician buddy liked the songs but I had been writing to mainstream formula for songs not adverts! Back to the cheese board.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home