Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Cold Ghost

I don't know if you've ever been to a marketing seminar, but the pinnacle of achievement is often an apartment on the Gold Coast. Years ago when I was hitching in South Australia, the travelling salesman who picked me up also lauded the place.

It must be a commercial thing because to me it seems like the perfect ruination of a beachfront: skyscrapers that block the sun out and stop you from getting a tan. Soulless tourism without the simple pleasures that the ocean could otherwise provide. The perfect realisation of Queensland's long reign of conservative gerrymander government and white shoe developers. But that's just me, you go on to Surfer's Paradise and leave the unspoilt fishing shacks and small coastal villages to us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home