Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Watts inner name

It was a frequent theme of the Fairfax Press papers' Column 8 to list people with oddly appropriate names to their line of work.

I had a couple of thoughts along this line myself: it strikes me as funny/ironic that one of our biggest country musical exports should be named Keith Urban and (not exactly pc) I heard of a half caste boy called Luke White, which isn't as insensitive as naming your child Ophelia Dick, but isn't bright either.

But the one that takes the cake for me is one that's right under our noses: what would you name someone who was not only wealthy but got there by outbidding and outdealing everyone else, who played further on this avariciousness by styling a television show on competitors following suit? Can't think of a better name than Donald Trump.

1 Comments:

At 6:56 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pathetically I have recently been getting a lot of giggles from (re-)reading that the Breeders drummer Jim MacPherson used the pseudonym "Mike Hunt" on their Safari EP. I can't help wondering if Bart ever rang Mo's Bar with this one, but I can't help noting that Wikepedia informs there have been not one but (counting a recent Mississippi State recruit) two grid iron players bearing this name.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home