Friday, December 02, 2005

Posts crypt

I'm starting to sound like those wankers who write in to the Daily Telegraph. Where's my compassion? I don't know, I just get tired of the Right making ridiculous blanket statements about those of us on the Left being liars or being ill-informed when, truth be known, they are more prone to relying on received wisdom and twisting things to their own ends. My attitude to religion and politics is built on years of intensive investigation, not on what my minister or the tabloid press says.

Now, before you retort that I am just as guilty of making blanket statements about the Right, consider that the sheer motive will of someone to go against the status quo requires them to be better informed since they have to seek out the information to support their viewpoint. This is less the case than it once was perhaps, but then I'm not enamoured of people who parrot the party line for the Left either.

That said, I just want it clear that I don't condone the hanging of heroin traffickers (yes, of course they did it)or the blatant hypocrisy of the Singapore government, I just think it was an incredibly stupid thing to do.

3 Comments:

At 12:24 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Going against the status quo does require you to be better-informed than the rest, and this becomes your advantage over them. If they would like to believe what their ministers and their political leaders tell them on television, that's their choice. But I think that they have a better option: they should think twice about believing everything other people tell them.

 
At 3:27 pm , Blogger Berko Wills said...

Well said, Wong, and thanks. Like your blog btw - I thought for a minute there with that 'online poker' bit in the middle of your sig that it was another spammer!

Berko

 
At 10:33 am , Blogger Berko Wills said...

Here is a great kick up the arse to the Van supporters:

http://www.youstupidprick.com/articles/vannguyen.php

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home